Here is how I know…
1. I wake up every morning less than 10 feet from safe, clean, running water – HOT or COLD.
2. Not only have I NEVER gone hungry, but truly delicious food is something I enjoy daily.
3. I can control the temperature of my environment with a flick of my hand.
4. I lay my head down on a warm, soft pillow every night.
5. I am a woman and I have the right to pursue any profession I choose, own property, show my face, and vote.
6. I am literate and have access to resources (internet, library, etc) to educate myself on any subject I choose.
7. I live in a safe environment. Sure random acts of violence happen everywhere, but I do not have to live in fear as I go about my daily activities.
8. I own more than I owe.
9. I have a wonderful network of family and friends. I only celebrate or mourn alone by my own choosing.
10. My daily life provides me many opportunities to use my talents to grow and expand as an individual – both personally and professionally.
11. I have all the entertainment that I have time for in my schedule. In my home. On demand. 24/7.
12. My home is full of “luxury” items – cameras, computers, TVs, DVDs, sporting goods, books, clothes, shoes, appliances, toys, etc. that are not critical to my survival. There are two cars sitting in my driveway as I type.
- At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day. *
- Water problems affect half of humanity. Some 1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water and 2.6 billion lack basic sanitation. *
- Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.*
So just a little something to think about in this “buy”, “buy”, “want”, “want” society we have found ourselves in. Maybe it is not that we need more, but we need to appreciate what we already have more.
In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.
May you all enjoy many blessings my friends!